Friday, October 25, 2013

Good morning TTers!! I have been really busy trying to get Transformations "Transformed"!! I have been doing some research on how to make the company Cruelty Free and hopefully vegetarian/vegan!! It is a hard and long journey, but I have found some great products that fit this bill:
Zoya, SpaRitual, Butter London, NARS, and Wet n' Wild to name a few. But I wanted to check with CND, because I love my Shellac! Below is the response I received back from an email I sent asking about their policy.


"Hi Tiffany ,
Thank you for contacting CND.
CND creates products from a combination of chemicals, vitamins, and botanicals.
CND is animal friendly as well as environmentally friendly.  We are diligent in our research
and development of safe products and take great pride in providing the finest quality products
to Nail Professionals and Consumers.

There is no need for any type of animal by-products in our products as these are "chemical" treatments.
The CND innovation, "Shellac Power Polish" is not derived from insects.  The Monomers, Oligomers and
film forming Polymers we use are in no way derived from beetle resin.

Also, since CND products are not made for use on animals they are not tested on animals."

Sincerely,
Customer Service Coordinator
Creative Nail Design
1125 Joshua Way
Vista, CA 92081


Needless to say, I sent another email for more clarification, because animal friendly is not the same as cruelty free, and many companies have products not used on animals, but are tested on animals, so I requested their stated policy on this issue.
So if this something that you are concerned about, just send the company an email to find out their stand on these issues. A good place to start is Logical Harmony, Leaping Bunny or PETA.

Love T

No comments:

Post a Comment